Saturday, May 28, 2011

Burning Down to Ashes

I’ll burn down to ashes,
Blend of soil, skin, blood and bones.
Perhaps, you know you can’t make love to them,
Listen – don’t even try.
You can contain me in a vessel,
It could be earthen or steel.
Try conjuring me in your thoughts;
My nails, my breast, my spine, my love handles. Just every bit of me.
But, I’ll burn down to ashes,
One day. Yes some day. Then, I’ll be insanely cold.

I’ll crawl in your thoughts,
You know how a toddler would, right?
My fingers you’ll try to hold.
They won’t grow back, but. Don’t you already know?
Smear colours on my face. Mascara, lipstick and kohl.
And, plant one wet kiss on my lips, ears and my toes.
Fondle me with your paint brush fingers.
Tickle me, hug me, and wrestle me.
I promise. I’ll crawl in your thoughts,
You know how a toddler would, right?

I’ll sit and stand if you say,
You know how disciplined I am?
Your white wine and brot won’t work on me,
I won’t feed on them, any longer.
But fold me, my arms and tender thighs. Mould me, roll me on satin sheets.
Aye, don’t leave me alone.
Stick your tongue out,
Let your love salivate.
I’ll stand and sit if you say so,
You know how disciplined I am.

But wait. Do you believe all I said just now?
Do you conceive what I read to you right now?
I’ll crawl, I’ll, sit and stand today.
Tomorrow I’ll burn down into ashes,
Swept away.

I repeat.

I’ll crawl, I’ll, sit and stand today.
And I’ll burn down to ashes,
Swept away.

16.03.2011
Written against the tick-tock of violent clock.

No comments: