Saturday, May 26, 2007

"TERRACED NIGHT"



Next to me was the terraced cloud
That shouted so loud
It said “what if I’m tired of the rains,
I’m tired of running around the hills and the plains”
I couldn’t say anything except looking at it
And wondering what if the night wasn’t starlit.

Driving along me on the highway
Was a poet all happy and gay
To my surprise he sang to me a travelers song
Asked me to come along
I paused and looked around
He was there no more but I could hear his sound

Swimming across the ocean of leaves
And took me to the untidy heaves
There they rustled to me the truths of my life
When once I was willing to hide the lonesome strife
All I could do is smile
And come back through the silenced memories, my trial.

A journey it was,
Where I conversed with the stars
I could see not if it was the marble or mars
A journey it was,
Where I drove along the carpeted road
Listening to the croaking of the toads
A journey it was
Where the thoughts crowded my steps
And I fell again into my sleeps lap…

No comments: